Parish Marriage Missionaries
What is a Parish Marriage Missionary?
- Parish Marriage Missionaries are faith-filled, well-formed married couples who serve their pastor and parish community in a variety of ways—according to unique gifts, interests, time and capabilities.
- Parish Marriage Missionaries have personally encountered Jesus Christ and seek God’s will for their lives, marriage and family.
- Parish Marriage Missionaries feel compelled to share the love of Christ with others and see marriage ministry as point of evangelization through which:
- Individuals can grow in their faith;
- Marriages can be transformed;
- Families “become what they are” (i.e. intimate communities of life and love);
- Parish communities serve as centers of missionary discipleship.
- Parish Marriage Missionaries recognize that they know, love and serve God through their vocation of marriage and that their service as Parish Marriage Missionaries flows from their interior lives and their marriage bond.