1. Love God?
2. Love your spouse?
3. Want to evangelize through marriage?If so, join our Parish Marriage Missionaries community by attending one of our upcoming Parish Marriage Missionaries Level 1 Formation Weekends!
Upcoming Level 1 Formation Weekends (Friday 5pm – Sunday 2pm):
- August 25-27, 2017: Southeast Pastoral Institute Retreat House, Miami, FL ($290 couple: Parish sponsorship is recommended. See below for more on this. Meals, accommodations and materials included. Registration is now open.)
- April 27-29, 2018: Our Lady of Florida Retreat House, North Palm Beach, FL (Price to be determined; Registration will open in September. If interested to be placed on a waiting list, please email Kari Colella at email@example.com.)
The content for the weekend is inspired by:
- A Fiat Spirituality. Mary’s “yes" to God at the Annunciation is “Fiat" in Latin. Being open to God’s will for our lives, marriage, family and ministry will be a theme throughout the weekend.
- The Soul of the Apostolate by Fr. Chautard, OSCO. Principles of the book will be applied to marriage and family life. The book proposes that our interior life (our relationship with God) is the foundation of ministry and that any ministry we do should also focus on developing the interior lives of others. We will apply these principles to marriage and family ministry, focusing on the development of our interior lives and our marriage relationship as the foundation of effective marriage ministry.
- "Being" who God made us to be--as married persons. "Doing" things for God flows from "being" who God wants us to be.
The Parish Marriage Missionaries Level 1 Formation Weekend includes:
- Human Formation: Stages of intimacy in marriage; self-awareness; communication skills; etc.
- Spiritual Formation: Marital Spirituality; stages of spiritual growth; tools for developing and living a Rule of life for individual, marital and a missionary spirituality.
- Intellectual Formation: Education in the faith; Church teaching; relevant sociological and psychological formation.
- Pastoral Formation: Practical ministry formation such as:
We prefer that pastors sponsor couples to attend (that is the pastor pays the $290 fee.) The reasons for this are multiple. We are providing formation for Parish Marriage Missionaries (PMMs). PMMs offer their assistance to their pastor. Everything a PMM does at a parish has to be approved by, and under the direction of, the pastor. Every PMM has to have an established relationship with their pastor. We want your pastor to feel he has invested in a PMM’s formation and marriage ministry at his parish. If your pastor approves you to come but cannot financially support your attendance the Pastor Approval Form is sufficient.
Reserve your space in our upcoming weekend BY AUGUST 14th by clicking the button below.
A reservation does not confirm a space on the weekend. Once you make a reservation, you will receive an email confirmation with further details on the registration process which includes your pastor's approval and payment. Only once all of the items are completed will your space be confirmed. Space is very limited and we recommend reserving a space today!